2011 Mar 29 03:35

Re: [vox] Linux Games

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, Darth Borehd wrote:
> What natively-running Linux games do think are the most fun?

Absolutely my favorite is Dominions 3.
Developed on Ubuntu and ported to Windows and Mac. Its a strategy wargame,
early cultures, and includes their mythologies. Low on graphics and sound
but incredibly deep on strategy if you are willing to make that trade off.

Turn based, supports PbEM, has pages of switches and is very friendly
toward setting up things like webbased support. Its been out for years but
people still play it and argue strategies for it. I dont even particularly
like strategy wargames but I still play this regularly even in solo mode
against the AIs.
http://www.Dom3Minions.com

Gandalf  Parker