2011 Mar 25 16:44

Re: [vox] Linux equivalent of commercial tax software

On 03/25/2011 03:59 PM, Darth Borehd wrote:
> Any alternative to TurboTax/TaxCut that run on Linux?

I looked a few years back and ultimately gave up on finding software
that you install, too many things to go wrong and the same battle every
year. I did even once try to install turbotax via wine, got part way but
didn't end up working.

I have found that the online versions pretty much all work with linux
and take much less effort to find a good deal. I have been happy with
TaxAct for several years (it imports stuff from previous years for you).

Enjoy,
Alex