January 6: Social gathering
2011 Mar 15 15:01

[vox] Reminder: "Full Scale Flight Simulators" at next week's LUGODin Davis (Tue. March 21st)

[vox] Reminder: "Full Scale Flight Simulators" at next week's LUGODin Davis (Tue. March 21st)

Reminder: The Linux Users' Group of Davis be back at the public
library in Davis for the first time since they reopened after
completing rennovation.

When:  Next Tuesday, March 21st, from 7pm to 9pm

Where: Yolo County Library, Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch
       315 East 14th Street
       Davis, CA
       [Blanchard community meeting room]

What:  Full Scale Flight Simulators

We'll be joined by John Wojnaroski, Chief Engineer at
LFS Technologies, Inc. (who spoke at LUGOD about FlightGear back in 2002),
who will talk about the suite of hardware, electronics, and software
that they have integrated with open source projects such as FlightGear
flight simulator, JSBSim flight dynamics model, and OpenSceneGraph,
to provide an integrated package that provides turn-key operations out
of the box while retaining the ability to customize and tailor
hardware and software to customer requirements. A 737NG flightdeck
simulator was delivered to NASA/Ames in 2008. The Global Observer
program at AeroVironment is currently using the electronics to operate
a pilot workstation for the air vehicle.

More details at:

  http://lugod.org/meeting/

Enjoy!

Sent from my computer