2011 Mar 12 09:56

[vox] [fwd] Announcing OSCON Data and OSCON Java - Call for Speakers

FYI!

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from O'Reilly Open Source Convention <conferences@post.oreilly.com> -----

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:05:46 -0800
From: "O'Reilly Open Source Convention" <conferences@post.oreilly.com>
Subject: Announcing OSCON Data and OSCON Java - Call for Speakers
To: pr@lugod.org

If you would like to view this information in your browser, click
here:
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zrsh90un1q95nl86v6mfhoc6mbhkcbolq0rrvpc0

===================================
Introducing OSCON Data and OSCON Java?
===================================

For thirteen years the O'Reilly Open Source Convention has been
bringing together people from across the open source universe to
learn, collaborate, and inspire each other. This year, we're delighted
to announce two new conferences, co-located with OSCON, focusing on
key areas where open source is driving innovation: Data and Java?.

OSCON Data is the first of its kind: bringing together open source
culture and data hackers to cover data management at a very practical
level. From disks and databases to big data and analytics, OSCON Data
will have instruction and inspiration from the people who actually do
the work.

OSCON Java focuses on the Java platform, including the breadth of open
source technologies that make up the Java ecosystem. We're looking for
proposals on different tools, languages, and platforms that are core
to making Java developers more productive and successful.

We invite you to submit a proposal for a chance to lead a session or
workshop at the inaugural OSCON Data and OSCON Java!

OSCON Data: Call for Speakers - Proposals due Monday March 14

The call for speakers for OSCON Data closes in just a few days. Now is your chance to be a part of the program.

Topics we're looking for:
    * Data storage, management, and design
    * Big data and analytics
    * Distributed data
    * Hadoop ecosystem
    * Relational databases & ecosystems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Drizzle)
    * NoSQL databases (column stores, documents stores, graph DBs, etc.)
    * Real-time (streaming data, sensor networks, robotics, AI)
    * Data as a platform
    * Visualization tools

These topics are just to get you started. We're open to other ideas as well.
View submissions guidelines and submit your
proposal. [http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zrkr57qnv82sta5a29fffpm5l101937d95vlcmu8]

OSCON Java: Call for Speakers - Proposals due Monday March 21

The call for speakers is now open for OSCON Java.

Topics we're looking for:
    * Server-side Java technologies
    * Java web frameworks
    * Emerging languages
    * Open source Java tools
    * Rich client technologies
    * Cloud technologies
    * Android and mobile development

These topics are just to get you started. We're open to other ideas as well.
View submissions guidelines and submit your
proposal. [http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zpt8tf3os2h1ufq5sosgr0m7b390o3bqi92oadb8]

Looking forward to hearing your ideas,

Edd Dumbill and Sarah Novotny, OSCON Program Chairs
Sarah Novotny and Bradford Stephens, OSCON Data Program Chairs
Steve Chin and Laurel Ruma, OSCON Java Program Chairs

==================================
Important Dates
==================================
OSCON Data Speaker Proposals Due: Monday, March 14
OSCON Java Speaker Proposals Due: Monday, March 21
Program Announced / Registration opens: Early April

==================================
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
If you'd like information on becoming a sponsor for OSCON Data or
OSCON Java, please contact Sharon Cordesse at scordesse@oreilly.com.

Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

O'Reilly Media, Inc. 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol, CA
95472 (707) 827-7000 / (800) 998-9938

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer