2011 Feb 15 16:23

Re: [vox] Officer Elections skipped! Survey: Hold them now, or wait?

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 02:46:06PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> We forgot to hold LUGOD Officer Elections this past October!
<snip>
> If it looks like there is interest in holding elections immediately, we'll
> announce it prior to the next meeting (February 21st) and begin the process
> then.

So far the response has been:  1 for holding elections, 1 against,
everyone else abstained. :)

Therefore, I propose we simply open up for nominations.  If you'd like to
nominate yourself, or someone else, for one of LUGOD's four elected
officer positions:

  root (President)
  sys (Vice President)
  typescript (Secretary)
  /dev/null (Treasurer)

then please do so between now and February 20th.  Email your nomination to
typescript@lugod.org.

If anyone who isn't already holding a position is nominated, and confirms
that they'd like to run for the officer position by the Feb. 21st meeting,
we'll hold elections.  Otherwise, if the current officers aren't being
opposed by other candidates, we'll simply continue with the current
officership until we hold regularly-scheduled elections, starting in October.

FYI, current positions are held by:

  root:       Bill Kendrick (yours truly)
  sys:        Brian Lavender
  typescript: Andrew Roach