2011 Feb 08 19:19

Re: [vox] No electronic flaws in Toyotas?

Re: [vox] No electronic flaws in Toyotas?

Yes they took the accelerator cable from a lot of Toyotas but almost every
make of car line does this nowadays in at least one or more models.  Have
been doing this for a while now.  There are even cars that have electronic
steering gear boxes.  I think that this is so much more scarier than no
cable on the throttle.

The last time I was at the Toyota dealership they were shaving the
accelerator pedals because there was a strong theory of it getting stuck on
the floor mat.  The mechanics would take the gas pedal out and cut the lower
corners to specs.

I myself have had gas pedals stick because of said floor mat interference
but I knew what was going on and didn't crash and die.  I have also had cars
with cables stick on customers a few times.  No computer software problem
there, just worn out throttle shafts of cables binding.

I myself embrace the new technology.

It is easier to redesign a computer than it is a human.

Jimbo
mechanic
http://evesautomotive.com