2011 Feb 15 11:36

[vox] Officer Elections skipped! Survey: Hold them now, or wait?

[vox] Officer Elections skipped! Survey: Hold them now, or wait?

We forgot to hold LUGOD Officer Elections this past October!

At this week's officer's meeting, we discussed whether we should simply
hold elections immediately, or (since interest in running for officer
positions and holding elections has tended to be very low in recent years)
simply wait until October.

We felt that it's unlikely that anyone cares, but we still can't simply
hold off without actually consulting the general membership first.
So, if you have a feeling either way, please post your response to
our 'vox' list, or email it to me privately (root@lugod.org).

If it looks like there is interest in holding elections immediately, we'll
announce it prior to the next meeting (February 21st) and begin the process
then.

Thanks in advance,