2011 Jan 19 10:20

Re: [vox] age 1-2 kids Linux software

>>>>> On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:43:44 -0800, Scott Miller <scottlinux@gmail.com> said:

SM> Has anyone heard of anything like this?

GCompris actually has a large number of things devoted to really small
kids.  I started both my kids tinkering with it when they were 1-2.  In
particular, I remember one game where it covered a picture with squares
and as you moved the mouse it would uncover the picture (starting with
big squares and then getting smaller and smaller to increase the
coordination skill).  It worked well and it was easy to hack to add my
own pictures (like adding pictures of the grandparents, etc).  I used
some of the other "young kid" portions of it too, but I don't remember
them off the top of my head.
--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/