2011 Jan 11 17:02

[vox] [fwd] ACCU: Wednesday, January 12 - Vlad Patryshev, "Monads,Functors, Functions, Scala, and Java"

FYI:

----- Forwarded message from Ali Cehreli -----

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:03:31 -0800
From: Ali Cehreli
Subject: ACCU: Wednesday, January 12 - Vlad Patryshev, "Monads, Functors, Functions, Scala, and Java"

Reminder...

When:      Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Topic:     Monads, Functors, Functions, Scala, and Java
Speaker:   Vlad Patryshev
Time:      6:30pm doors open
          7:00pm meeting begins
Where:     Symantec
          VCAFE building
          350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
          Mountain View, CA 94043
Map:       <http://tinyurl.com/334rv5>
Directions: VCAFE is next to the semicircular courtyard
          between Symantec buildings visible in the satellite view
           <http://tinyurl.com/2dccgc>
Cost:      Free
More Info: <http://www.accu-usa.org>

Monads are a popular buzzword, but the basic knowledge is missing.
Let's fill the gaps. This talk is based on the online presentation at
<http://prezi.com/3yecwrcccpj-/monads-functors-functions-javascala/>

Vlad was born in Russia, lived mostly in St.Petersburg, and came to
this country in 1998. He's lived in California since, working as a
software engineer at Borland, Google, and Tango.me.

Meetings are open to the public and are free of charge.

---- Upcoming ACCU talks -----

Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Hugh Williams
"A Tour of a Modern Search Engine"

Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Jason Evans
"Memory debugging with jemalloc after application deployment"

---------

The ACCU meets monthly. Meetings are always open to the public and are
free of charge. To suggest topics and speakers please email Walter
Vannini via walterv@gbbservices.com

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer