January 6: Social gathering
2010 Nov 16 00:59

Re: [vox] Sheevaplug

On 11/15/2010 02:29 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 11/15/2010 01:54 PM, Michael Wenk wrote:
>> I'm looking at replacing my NSLU2, as its starting to behave unreliably.
>> I'm looking at replacing it with a Sheevaplug.  Or should I look at the
>> Guruplug ?  Anyone have any advice here ?  I'd prefer to stick with
>> something linux based and configurable for my home NAS.
>>
>> Mike
>>

> I looked at those and at fit-pc(no longer for sale - which is why I
> didn't get it), eventually going with the Zotac barebones box. I did
> notice recently that Asus has some small form factor cases with atom
> boards too. I can't seem to recall why I deemed that it wouldn't work
> for my case but I think overall it's a great choice.
>
> It's possible I simply didn't want to deal with the arm processor.
> Sounds like the Guruplug is the better option if you need the extra
> connection ports.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

I think I missed a ton options when I was shopping too. Just glanced at
newegg and under servers if you ignore the fact that they only list
Opteron and Xeons for cpu type and search for "atom" you get a whole
slew of options:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007940&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&SrchInDesc=atom&Page=1&PageSize=100

Enjoy,
Alex