2010 Oct 28 06:23

Re: [vox] Reasons you might not want to use OpenOffice

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 01:51:23AM -0700, Joseph Arruda wrote:
> Is it still 1998?  What is "passe" is the same damned intractable 'Free
> Software'* equivalent to high-school macho posturing, and a near total
> appearance of being oblivious to anything beyond what is appearing more
> and more to be a simple, myopic agenda that takes no one else's
> preferences or experiences into consideration.

I like your quote Joe. I reminisce the days of 1998.

What you say is exactly what is happening. I ask technical questions
on the list about OpenOffice and no one responds. I post an email as to
why you might not want to use OpenOffice and the FLOSS'ers (FOSS as you
call it) immediately jump to its defense.  I think we have a number of
hobbyists on this list. There should be a Lugod elite organization. Those
who practice it and those who get it. ;-)

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/