2010 Oct 22 21:19

[vox] Fwd; Bay Area FOSS events

Seen on BALUG & SFLUG lists...

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Mark Terranova <mark@gidgetkitchen.org> -----

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:12:06 -0700
From: Mark Terranova <mark@gidgetkitchen.org>
Subject: [BALUG-Talk] Bay Area FOSS events
To: balug-talk@lists.balug.org

   Ok a few things happening around town
   This weekend Friday- Sunday- OLPC SF Community Summit 2010. San Francisco.
   One laptop per child is having their International meeting in our area.
   http://www.olpcsf.org/CommunitySummit2010/
   Sunday 24th is Makers Faire. Oakland will the center of the Geek universe
   Creativity in motion. * Berkeley LUG has a booth setup. I'll be hard to
   miss, I'm wearing the Penguin suit. *
   http://ebmakerfaire.wordpress.com/
   Thursday 28th - Lighting the Maverick LAMP with Ubuntu 10.10, Yahoo
   campus, Sunnyvale. 5:30pm Networking, Pizza,*Ubuntu badges & stickers
   courtesy Zareason.
   6:30pm Presentations and Demonstrations by Ubuntu California.*Official
   Ubuntu 10.10 CDs (32-bit Ubuntu)
   * Try the latest Ubuntu and*LAMP stack*on demo machines
   * Bring your machine to try and install Ubuntu on it
   * Bring your USB drive and make it bootable with Ubuntu*
   http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/500/detail/
   Saturday 6th Geeknic Heather Farms, Walnut Creek. Save the date; more
   details soon.
   Saturday 13th -Fedora 14 Release Party - Walnut Creek Saxbys Coffee shop*
   Cake, refreshments, USB drives, and various other assorted SWAG.
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Party_F14_Bay_Area
   GidgetKitchen plans to start offering FOSS classes again. Saxbys in Walnut
   Creek at first, then the World.

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer