2010 Oct 14 10:15

[vox] Reminder: LUGOD meeting next Monday (October 18) -"Overcoming Failure..." - Plus! Give-aways!

[vox] Reminder: LUGOD meeting next Monday (October 18) -"Overcoming Failure..." - Plus! Give-aways!

The Linux Users' Group of Davis meets next Monday, October 18th
from 7pm-9pm at Explorit Nature Center in Davis.

Our guest speaker will be Joe Eagar of Blender's "bmesh" project.
He'll present a history of the project to rewrite Blender's mesh
modeler, and how the failure of the first two attempts were ultimately
good for the project.

Also, we'll be giving away three brand new books donated to us by
O'Reilly Media:

  Cooking for Geeks
  Being Geek
  AutoTools

as well as a USB flash disk donated to us by Edge Tech Corp.

For more, see:   http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

Thanks, and see you there!