January 6: Social gathering
2010 Sep 30 12:37

[vox] Article: "Linux in Schools" (K-12) at ScienceBlogs

[vox] Article: "Linux in Schools" (K-12) at ScienceBlogs

It's a long article, and I haven't even had the chance to
read all of it, but it looks quite good so far:

  Linux in Schools
  Posted on: September 29, 2010 3:13 PM, by Greg Laden
  http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2010/09/linux_in_schools.php

    "This is an excellent guest post by Scott Rowed on the use of Linux
    in K-12 schools, including strong evidence that school districts that
    do not have students using the Linux operating system are placing
    their students at a disadvantage, as well as a description of one
    outstanding success story in British Columbia."

I enjoyed this paragraph a lot :)

  "Learning Linux in school can be compared to French Immersion. Just
  as students in the French program still learn English, students
  learning Linux will still be exposed to Windows and Mac computers
  sufficiently to learn what they need. Linux, as well as French, can
  open up career opportunities that otherwise may not be possible."

Enjoy!

Sent from my computer