2010 Sep 16 13:05

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 09/22/2010

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 09/22/2010

PENINSULA LINUX USERS' GROUP (PenLUG) PRESENTS:

   |Date:    |Wednesday, September 22, 2010                                 |
   |---------+--------------------------------------------------------------|
   |Time:    |6:00 - 8:00 PM                                                |
   |---------+--------------------------------------------------------------|
   |         |Bayshore Technology Park                                      |
   |Location:|1300 Island Drive                                             |
   |         |Redwood City, CA 94065                                        |
   |         |Suite 106 - Training Room                                     |
   |---------+--------------------------------------------------------------|
   |         |Facebook:                                                     |
   |RSVP:    |http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=143325292376359         |
   |         |or mail rsvp@penlug.org                                       |

   Note we are now meeting on Wednesdays! Since March 2010, we moved to the
   fourth Wednesday of each month (except in November and December, when we
   will meet on the second Wednesday to avoid holiday conflicts). The meeting
   is hosted by NewlineNoosh. There is no sponsor for food/drinks, so please
   bring a potluck item to share.

   Agenda:

     * 6:00 PM Potluck snacks
     * 6:15 PM Free book giveaways or other prizes
     * 6:30 PM Presentation begins
     * 8:00 PM Meeting ends

  Work smarter, not harder: Tools and Techniques to Make a Sysadmin's Life
  Easier.

   Sysadmins have enough to do. Working smarter, not harder, is the best way
   to making your life as a sysadmin easier. Bill will discuss tools and
   techniques that will help you stop running from task to task, save time,
   and make you a hero to your users and customers. Tools like PXE booting,
   kickstart, package management, and source file control will be discussed,
   along with tips and techniques that will help keep you sane.

  Bill Childers, Linux Journal

   Bill hails from sunny Silicon Valley, where he lives with his better half
   and brood of two. When he's not twittering, he works as an IT manager at
   Dash Navigation, helping to ensure humanity can find it's way to specified
   destinations. Once a year, he ventures out of the cube to manage IT for
   the Garlic Gilroy Festival. Bill coauthored Ubuntu Hacks with the infamous
   Kyle Rankin, and has contributed to other O'Reilly books. He is also
   Virtual Editor for Linux Journal, and one half of the Point/Counterpoint
   team. He's the mastermind behind Billix: 256MB of system administration
   power that runs on your finger!

RSVP

  Although it is not required, we like to have an idea of how many
  people to expect, so if possible please email rsvp@penlug.org if you
  are planning to attend.

GETTING THERE

  For information on getting to the meeting, please see:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1300+Island+Drive,+Redwood+City,+CA
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/DrivingDirectionsQualys
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/TransitDirectionsQualys

  Traffic on 101 can be pretty bad in the evening, so we encourage you
  to check traffic conditions before driving by dialing 5-1-1 on your
  phone or visiting www.511.org, and if possible to take public transit
  (best bet: bicycle via Caltrain) or carpool to this meeting.

MORE INFORMATION

  See www.penlug.org for more information.

This notice is being sent to the following mailing lists:
	members@penlug.org
	announce@penlug.org
	sf-lug@linuxmafia.com
	balug-talk@lists.balug.org
	svlug@lists.svlug.org
	svevents@yahoogroups.com
	vox@lists.lugod.org

  Please reply to suggest any additions or other changes.