2010 Aug 19 18:05

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 08/25/2010

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 08/25/2010

PENINSULA LINUX USERS' GROUP (PenLUG) PRESENTS:

   |Date:    |Wednesday, August 25, 2010          |
   |---------+------------------------------------|
   |Time:    |6:00 - 8:00 PM                      |
   |---------+------------------------------------|
   |         |Bayshore Technology Park            |
   |Location:|1300 Island Drive                   |
   |         |Redwood City, CA 94065              |
   |         |Suite 106 - Training Room           |
   |---------+------------------------------------|
   |RSVP:    |Facebook: (event link coming soon)  |
   |         |or mail rsvp@penlug.org             |

   Note we are now meeting on Wednesdays! Since March 2010, we moved to the
   fourth Wednesday of each month (except in November and December, when we
   will meet on the second Wednesday to avoid holiday conflicts). The meeting
   is hosted by NewlineNoosh. There is no sponsor for food/drinks, so please
   bring a potluck item to share.

   Agenda:

     * 6:00 PM Potluck snacks
     * 6:15 PM Free book giveaways or other prizes
     * 6:30 PM Presentation begins
     * 8:00 PM Meeting ends

  Linux Configuration and Diagnostics: Tips and Tricks

   I will suggest best practices for running Linux in production in
   real-world environments. I'll offer advice on how to set up servers so as
   to simplify diagnosis and resolution of problems. Listeners will learn how
   to optimize kernel configurations and parameter tuning, and how to use
   open-source diagnostic tools and best practices that enable fixing of
   problems the first time they occur. Greg will review recommendations for
   generating entropy, for reading Enterprise Linux release notes, and for
   interpretation of system core files.

  Greg Marsden

   Greg is the Enterprise Linux Development Manager for Oracle.

RSVP

  Although it is not required, we like to have an idea of how many
  people to expect, so if possible please email rsvp@penlug.org if you
  are planning to attend.

GETTING THERE

  For information on getting to the meeting, please see:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1300+Island+Drive,+Redwood+City,+CA
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/DrivingDirectionsQualys
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/TransitDirectionsQualys

  Traffic on 101 can be pretty bad in the evening, so we encourage you
  to check traffic conditions before driving by dialing 5-1-1 on your
  phone or visiting www.511.org, and if possible to take public transit
  (best bet: bicycle via Caltrain) or carpool to this meeting.

MORE INFORMATION

  See www.penlug.org for more information.

This notice is being sent to the following mailing lists:
	members@penlug.org
	announce@penlug.org
	sf-lug@linuxmafia.com
	balug-talk@lists.balug.org
	svlug@lists.svlug.org
	svevents@yahoogroups.com
	vox@lists.lugod.org

  Please reply to suggest any additions or other changes.