2010 Jul 14 13:50

Re: [vox] Advertising LUGOD on Unitrans?

Re: [vox] Advertising LUGOD on Unitrans?

So digging up a ~2 year old thread... I recently received an email from
someone at Unitrans telling us that they have space for ads again, and
we're at the top of the wait list.

I think the main difference is that we now have an idea of what our
club's bank balance is (just over $1000 as of the last ledger update
from April 2010: http://lugod.org/devnull/ledger/general_ledger_2010.pdf )
So unless we receive some sponsorship, this will cut our budget in ~1/2.

Some Unitrans stats from this document from 2008:
http://unitrans.com/files/FactSheet08.pdf

* 3.4 million annual boardings
* 19,600 on a typical UCD-in-session day
  (91% undergrad, 5% grad/faculty/staf, 4% general public)
* 14 bus lines run 600 trips throughout a regular service day

Thoughts?

-bill!

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:12:38AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Looking at:
>
>   http://unitrans.ucdavis.edu/ads/
>
> (which admittedly mentions 2006-2007 academic year), it seems like
> one can purchase ads on the inside the 43 single-decker Unitrans buses
> that run through town for $675.  (For an entire academic year.)
>
> Alternatively, for $505, we can get the ads in 34 buses.
>

> (1) Do people think it's a good idea to advertise LUGOD on Unitrans?
>     (We'd get a _ton_ of students' eyeballs, so I think so.)
>
> (2) Can we currently afford this?  (Our ledger is extremely out of date,
>     so I'll need to check with Henry.  That reminds me, we also need to
>     bring http://www.lugod.org/devnull/ up to date! :^( )
>
> (3) Would people be willing to help sponsor this?
>     (If we can afford it, sponsorship would help us from draining our funds.
>     If we cannot afford it, sponsorship would be the only way we could do it.)
>

> In the meantime, I'll contact the Unitrans ad people to find out when we'd
> need to get ad content to them, in what size/format), and how much it will
> cost these days.
>
> -bill!

Sent from my computer