2010 Jun 20 19:37

[vox] [sverma@sfsu.edu: [BALUG-Talk] OLPC-SF June meeting]

fyi

----- Forwarded message from Sameer Verma <sverma@sfsu.edu> -----

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 20:10:47 -0700
From: Sameer Verma <sverma@sfsu.edu>
Subject: [BALUG-Talk] OLPC-SF June meeting
To: balug-talk@lists.balug.org

Note: We are trying to ramp up some Python+Sugar projects, so we'd
love to hear from those of you who dabble in Python.

We will meet at SFSU Downtown Center from 10 am to 2pm on June 19.
Carol Ruth Silver will update us on the Realness Summit
(http://realness.org/) . We will also have Grant Bowman talk about the
XO Toaster project. Al Sweigart is also planning on being there. His
book "Invent with Python" is available online.
http://inventwithpython.com/

We'll also do the usual event updates with new builds for XO-1,
progress with XO 1.5 and school server hardware progress. I have the
latest build (RC2) for XO 1.5 and the os180py build for XO 1 (Paraguay
deployment build based on Fedora 11).

What: OLPC-SF June 2010 meeting

OLPC-SF will meet on June 19, 2010. Items on the agenda:

   * Meet and greet - 10:00 am to 10:30 am
   * Carol Ruth Silver: OLPC Realness Summit - 10:30 am to 11:30 am
   * Grant Bowman: XOToaster and InventWithPython - 11:30am to 1:00pm
   * Other updates/discussions - 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm

       * XO-1 build updates.
       * XO 1.5 effort.
       * Fedora 11 on XO-1.
       * School server and content libraries.
       * Sugar on a Stick v3 - Mirabelle.

When: Saturday, June 19, 2010.

   * 10 am to 2 pm

Where: Room 553, SF State Downtown campus (835 Market St., San
Francisco,CA, 94103). Note that this location is NOT the main campus.
This is the same building as the new Westfield mall that houses
Bloomingdale's. Look for the SFSU banner on Market St. between 4th and
5th streets, right next to Walgreens. Take the elevator to the 5th
floor.

   *  By car: http://www.sfsu.edu/~parking/directions/downtown_center/car.html
   *  By Muni: http://www.sfsu.edu/~parking/directions/downtown_center/muni.html
   *  By BART: http://www.sfsu.edu/~parking/directions/downtown_center/bart.html

A huge thank you to San Francisco State University's College of
Business Graduate Program for letting us use a room on Saturdays.

cheers,
Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer