2010 May 05 14:30

[vox] [fwd] SVLUG May 5th meeting: "IPv6 Essentials for LinuxAdministrators" [Mtn View]

Tonight in Mtn View.  (And BTW, Owen is coming to LUGOD to do a
different IPv6-related talk next month (Monday, June 21st)).

----- Forwarded message from Rick Moen -----

Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 22:25:27 -0700
From: Rick Moen
Subject: [svlug-announce] SVLUG May 5th meeting: "IPv6 Essentials for Linux Administrators"

WHEN:

  Wednesday, May 5th, 2010
  7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION

  TOPIC:
     IPv6 Essentials for Linux Administrators

  PRESENTED BY:
    Owen DeLong, DeLong Consulting

  TOPIC SUMMARY:
      This session will cover an introduction to IPv6 and the basics of
      configuring IPv6 on Linux systems.  This matter is increasingly
      significant to Linux users as supplies of legacy IPv4 addresses
      approach exhaustion, and the ongoing transition accelerates.

  ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
      Owen DeLong is an IPv6 Evangelist for Hurricane Electric, the
      leading IPv6-ready Internet Service Provider.  He's also an elected
      member of the ARIN Advisory Council and is a senior backbone
      engineer with more than 25 years of industry experience. Owen has
      significant operational experience with IPv6 at Hurricane and
      from running his own fully dual-stacked multi-service network
      for DeLong Consulting[1]. In his spare time, he's a commercial pilot
      and teaches SCUBA diving and CPR/First Aid courses. Owen can be
      reached at owen at delong dot com.

      [1] http://www.delong.com/

LOCATION:

  Symantec
  VCAFE Facility
  350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
  Mountain View, CA 94043

    http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.php

  webmaster at svlug.org

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

  restaurant/diner after the meeting.  We'll announce the restaurant
  selection at the meeting.

We look forward to seeing you there!

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer