2010 Apr 29 20:40

[vox] [Davis Open Science Talk] Michael Eisen co-founder of PLoS onOpen Access, May 3rd 11am

[vox] [Davis Open Science Talk] Michael Eisen co-founder of PLoS onOpen Access, May 3rd 11am

Davis Open Science is proud to host our first official talk featuring Michael Eisen the co-founder of the Public Library of Science (PLoS), one of the world's most prominent peer reviewed open access journals.  Michael is also an adviser for Science Commons, a Creative Commons project aimed at faster, more open, web enabled research.  He is a professor of Biology at UC Berkeley focusing on the evolution of gene regulation, and keeps a blog about his research, open science, and baseball.  Michael will talk to us about his work in Open Access and we'll have plenty of time for questions and discussion.

When: Monday, May 3rd, 11am-12pm

Where: Chucklesworth Room, Storer Hall, 3rd floor

Please feel free to distribute to appropriate groups or people.

Davis Open Science is a local group of advocates interested in promoting open science: open access publishing, open source software, open data, open notebooks, etc. Find out more on their open wetware page.