2010 Apr 23 09:41

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 04/28/2010

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 04/28/2010

PENINSULA LINUX USERS' GROUP (PenLUG) PRESENTS:

   |Date:    |Wednesday, April 28, 2010                                     |
   |---------+--------------------------------------------------------------|
   |Time:    |6:00 - 8:00 PM                                                |
   |---------+--------------------------------------------------------------|
   |         |Bayshore Technology Park                                      |
   |Location:|1300 Island Drive                                             |
   |         |Redwood City, CA 94065                                        |
   |         |Suite 106 - Training Room                                     |
   |---------+--------------------------------------------------------------|
   |         |Facebook:                                                     |
   |RSVP:    |http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114031178612316         |
   |         |or mail rsvp@penlug.org                                       |

   Note we are now meeting on Wednesdays! Effectively this month, we will be
   moving to the fourth Wednesday of each month (except in November and
   December, when we will meet on the second Wednesday to avoid holiday
   conflicts). The meeting is hosted by NewlineNoosh. There is no sponsor for
   food/drinks, so please bring a potluck item to share.

   Agenda:

     * 6:00 PM Potluck snacks
     * 6:15 PM Free book giveaways or other prizes
     * 6:30 PM Presentation begins
     * 8:00 PM Meeting ends

  The Eclipse platform - Today and tomorrow

   Eclipse is an easily extensible, flexible open-source integrated
   development environment that is widely used with Java, C/C++, XML and any
   other language you can name. The talk will include an overview of the
   Eclipse platform, describe its development process and explain how to add
   new features to the base by developing plugins and applications. The next
   generation of Eclipse, called Eclipse e4, will be demonstrated.

  Lars Vogel, Eclipse developer and contributor

   Lars Vogel is a developer, consultant, trainer, product manager and
   Eclipse committer. He is currently working as a Product Manager at SAP AG
   and as an independent Java and Eclipse consultant.

   He is a regular speaker at SAP and Java / Eclipse events and is known for
   his Java technology related website.

RSVP

  Although it is not required, we like to have an idea of how many
  people to expect, so if possible please email rsvp@penlug.org if you
  are planning to attend.

GETTING THERE

  For information on getting to the meeting, please see:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1300+Island+Drive,+Redwood+City,+CA
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/DrivingDirectionsQualys
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/TransitDirectionsQualys

  Traffic on 101 can be pretty bad in the evening, so we encourage you
  to check traffic conditions before driving by dialing 5-1-1 on your
  phone or visiting www.511.org, and if possible to take public transit
  (best bet: bicycle via Caltrain) or carpool to this meeting.

MORE INFORMATION

  See www.penlug.org for more information.

This notice is being sent to the following mailing lists:
	members@penlug.org
	announce@penlug.org
	sf-lug@linuxmafia.com
	balug-talk@lists.balug.org
	svlug@lists.svlug.org
	svevents@yahoogroups.com
	vox@lists.lugod.org

  Please reply to suggest any additions or other changes.