2010 Apr 16 19:10

[vox] Linux Equivalent to IPod?

I seem to recall a couple of years ago that there was a discussion here about
Linux devices that were similar to IPods.  I didn't pay attention to it
because I don't like walking around with ear phones.

But I've recently jointed the Woodland YMCA gym, and when I'm on the exercise
machines I don't like the music played over the load speaker.  I'm thinking
about getting an IPod-like device and maybe listening to podcasts or
something.

I don't like the fact that (the last time I checked) you couldn't download
from ITunes on Linux because they wouldn't give you Linux software.  I know a
lot of Linux users like Apple, but I think Apple sometimes cooperates with
Microsoft to suppress Linux.  So is that a non-Apple Linux device that's like
an IPod?

Thank you.

Bob