2010 Apr 16 11:39

Re: [vox] Ruby gives you sharp knives (fwd)

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Don W <don.werve@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/4/10 Harold Lee <harold3@gmail.com>:
>> Here's a good article on the same sort of AcitveRecord behavior in
>> Java as the Ruby example above:
>> http://www.javalobby.org/articles/activeobjects/
>> (ironically, the Ruby code also declares types for the fields!)
>
> Where?  I see type declarations in the Java examples, but none in the Ruby bits.

In that article the Ruby types are taken from the database tables that
already exist, but in the original mail for this thread, the data
types are explicit so that you can create the table and you don't need
some other SQL script:

class Address
 property :name, String
 property :company, String