2010 Mar 13 08:49

[vox] Article: Understanding swap files in Linux

[vox] Article: Understanding swap files in Linux

I've only had time to skim this, but it looks like a good
article:

  Understanding swap files in Linux
  http://distilledb.com/blog/archives/date/2009/02/22/swap-files-in-linux.page

  almost certainly interact with a swap file. You might be familiar with
  the basics of how these work: they allow your OS to prioritize more
  frequently-used pages in main memory and move the less frequently-used
  ones to disk. But there's a lot going on underneath the covers. Here's
  a simple guide to swap files in Linux.

Sent from my computer