2010 Mar 12 08:45

[vox] Gandi.net free domain promotion

Hi folks,

I have been running several internet domains for myself and others for
many years now.  Quite a while back, I settled on my favorite domain
registrar: gandi.net.  Although they're located in France, I've never
had any problem with their ability to provide basic domain registration
service.  Included with domain registration is DNS service if you
need it, a few email boxes, plenty of email forwarding, and some very
minimal web hosting.

They're currently running a promotion where you can register a new
domain for free for the first year.  Typically, they charge $15 for
the first year.  After that, you'll have to renew (currently $15/yr),
or they'll disable and eventually recycle the domain.

The promotion is for celebrating 10 years in service, and it involves
obtaining promotional codes that you can use when registering a new
domain.  Since I've been a long time customer with several IDs there,
I have quite a few of these promo codes to give away.

Please contact me _privately_ if you would like one or more of these
promo codes.  They're valid through March 31, 2010.

Not all TLDs are available with this promo, but ".com" and ".net" are
available.  So if you've ever considered getting going with your own
domain, this might be the way to try it out.

As has been pointed out to me, $15/year is not the best price around,
but there's no rule you have to keep the domain w/ gandi.net after your
free first year.

Gilbert
Davis, CA