2010 Mar 04 11:31

Re: [vox] [fwd] March 2010 Newsletter [from Apress]

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 05:47:37AM -0800, Gandalf Parker wrote:
> > ----- Forwarded message from Apress -----
> >> From Facebook to Twitter and everything in between
> > Social networking is here to stay -- websites like Facebook and twitter
>
> Facebook/Twitter are the soap operas of this generation.

Heh.  I'm fully sold on Facebook.  (Minus the apps.)

I see no point to Twitter, except to lurk on people complaining about
or praising Tux Paint, and to read the Fake AP Stylebook's posts.

I can see the draw... but mostly I get irritated when I see stuff like
"RT: @123 @xyz @abc yeah #blah was wrong #FAIL #LOL"...  guh?
It's especially irritating when it's out of context -- i.e., when their
out-of-the-blue tweets[*] show up as their status on LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.

I get the urge to ask "did you have something you wanted to share with
rest of the class?" ;)

Also, I'm still kicking it Web No-dot-oh...  I'm active on Usenet.

Sent from my computer

[*] I initially called them "twitters", but then remembered there was
    a technical term. ;)