2010 Mar 03 09:41

Re: [vox] Hedge fund offers to buy Novell

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 09:19:48AM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
> I am sure that some don't really like the deal Novell struck with MS
> back a few years ago, but... it could get worse.
>
> hedge fund Elliott Associates L.P. offered to acquire the
> business-software company for $1 billion.
> http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tech-stocks-edge-upward-novell-climbs-27-2010-03-03?siteid=yhoof2
>
> Novell is the only distro that you can run MS Windows Paravirtualized.

More details on Novell.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hedge-fund-offers-to-buy-novell-for-1-billion-2010-03-02

How come we have never heard from Novell at Lugod? Of course, we haven't
seem to have heard too much from RedHat either. I guess when you trying
to characterize your company as an "Enterprise" the LUGs are just a
little too amateurish?

What is the "Enterprise" anyway?

--
Brian Lavender