2010 Mar 04 15:30

[vox] Hedge fund offers to buy Novell

I am sure that some don't really like the deal Novell struck with MS
back a few years ago, but... it could get worse.

hedge fund Elliott Associates L.P. offered to acquire the
business-software company for $1 billion.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tech-stocks-edge-upward-novell-climbs-27-2010-03-03?siteid=yhoof2

Novell is the only distro that you can run MS Windows Paravirtualized.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

the Ethereal version 0.99 source code contains more than 8,000 instances
of incrementing or decrementing by a hard-coded numeric constant, the
vast majority of which are adjusting a pointer or a length while stepping
through a buffer. Any instance of an incorrect constant can of course
result in an incorrect parsing of a protocol, but is not detectable at
compile-time since using the wrong numeric constant still type-checks.

Pang et al. on binpac
http://www.icir.org/vern/papers/binpac.IMC06.pdf