2010 Feb 13 18:11

[vox] [fwd] Curious if LUGOD is going to try and see if Google willchoose Davis for Experimental Fiber Network

----- Forwarded message from Riot Against All Authority -----

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 23:54:52 -0800
From: "Riot Against All Authority"
Subject: Curious if LUGOD is going to try and see if Google will choose Davis
 for Experimental Fiber Network
To: root@lugod.org

Hi,

I was just curious if LUGOD has any plans to champion for Google to
choose Davis as one of its experimental communities to install "1
gigabit per second, fiber-to-the-home connections."  The City of Davis
would have to get behind the idea for it to be successful.  I just
figured with the University here it may be a good experiment.  Anyway,
the deadline is March 26th so it is a rather short amount of time.

Cheers!
DJ Riot (KDVS Punk DJ and Computer Tinker)

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer