2010 Feb 10 23:25

Re: [vox] Question about OSS downloads for a fee

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 08:29:17PM -0800, Tony Cratz wrote:
> Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > My main question is whether or not I should bother putting
> > some kind of official note about such situations on the
> > Tux Paint website, and if any of the big OSS projects
> > out there (like Gimp or OpenOffice) do the same -- or would
> > I be a trend-setter? ;)
>

> 	Put it on the web site. Put it on the slash screen for
> 	Tux Paint. Make it plain that the software is FREE!!!!

Bill and his contributors stamped TuxPaint with the GPL license. That is
the kind of FREE TuxPaint is. If the people selling TuxPaint violate the
terms, I believe they could be held liable.

I am sure that Bill could copyright the term TuxPaint. That might be
worthwhile.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"Too much hype, too much confusion, and too many people talking about
something they don't understand have greatly muddied the waters in the
last year or so."

Borland Turbo Pascal OO Programming Guide
1989