2010 Feb 01 21:30

Re: [vox] Got my Dell Vostro V13 today!

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 01:23:40PM -0800, Jim Lowman wrote:
> Brian, I went to the Dell website and checked it out.
>
> Is Ubuntu Linux available on only the base model?  I didn't see where it could be selected on either model that supported the dual-core CPU.

That is correct. As you probably noted, the base model is.... "pretty
basic". I considered getting the model up, as it has what appears to be
the same specs except you can get a faster HD and a better CPU, yet I
believe the wireless is still supported under Ubuntu. I believe the top
model may require something different. And..  the price on the other
models is... at least $150 more. So, I just went with the base model. I
already have a separate laptop that has better specs. It just wieghs
more! Or, it has a tiny keyboard.

> Not that I couldn't install it myself.
>
> Jim
>
> --- On Mon, 2/1/10, Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com> wrote:
>
> > Just got the Dell Vostro V13 today!
> > Check it out.
> > http://www.brie.com/brian/vostrov13/
> >
> > I will be at the social tomorrow.
> >
> > brian

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"Too much hype, too much confusion, and too many people talking about
something they don't understand have greatly muddied the waters in the
last year or so."

Borland Turbo Pascal OO Programming Guide
1989