2010 Jan 19 13:28

Re: [vox] Sprint cell modem (question & for sale/free)

Re: [vox] Sprint cell modem (question & for sale/free)

On Wednesday January 13 2010 17:45:11 Norm Matloff matloff-at-cs.ucdavis.edu |
lugod| wrote:
> However, whether the cell phone is active or not, keep in mind that 911
> calls on cell phones go first to the CHP, which has a very long wait
> time.  It's good to know direct the phone numbers of your local
> emergency services.

Not exactly... The go to the CHP if you the cell network thinks you are
on/near the freeway.  This may or may not be a problem depending on where you
live.  The point about programming the direct numbers in is still a good
idea, though.