2010 Jan 17 17:40

Re: [vox] Next Monday's anniversary meeting

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 08:41:37AM -0800, Henry House wrote:
> On Saturday, 16 January 2010, Brian Lavender wrote:

> > > PepsiCo has put out a limited release of 'Heritage' blends of Pepsi, Mt. Dew, and Dr. Pepper ... all using the (supposedly) original formulas ... and more importantly, cane sugar instead of HFCS.
> >
> > Hydro Flouro Carbons?
>
> High-fructose corn syrup, which has been reviled by countless health-
> food folks and implicated in in the prevalence of obesity.  See
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-fructose_corn_syrup#Health_effects>.

<NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION>
My Grand Father use to say, "Want to loose weight, push the plate away!"
Kids are fat because no one walks anywhere anymore which can be seen
by the evidence of the "Do not cross" signs that have become ubiquitous
throughout the State of CA. We have inaccessible shopping malls, traffic
"engineers" that have no concept of pedestrian or bicycle conducive
designs. I have only once seen an informal engineering bicycle survey. Now
kids have to wear bicycle helmets. If a kid doesn't have a helmet,
he's not supposed to ride a bike. I just don't agree with that policy.
</NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION>

I bought the Pepsi with the sugar.

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other

Professor C. A. R. Hoare
The 1980 Turing award lecture