2010 Jan 18 15:39

[vox] [fwd] 2010 MLK Day Technology Challenge

Seen on SchoolForge's mailing list.  Also see this White House blog post:

   http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/01/15/demonstrate-a-technologist-s-spirit-generosity-martin-luther-king-day

There are already two opportunities listed for volunteering in the Sac region.

----- Forwarded message from "Stein, Andy" -----

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:58:40 -0500
From: "Stein, Andy"
Subject: [school-discuss] 2010 MLK Day Technology Challenge

   Please read the "2010 MLK Day Technology Challenge" at
   http://www.serve.gov/MLKTech

   Quote from the web site:

     "The heart and soul of this initiative is to start a dialogue around
     collaboration - so let's use the MLK Day of Service as an opportunity to
     kick off this conversation with schools and nonprofits to let them know
     you want to help.

     Together with the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, the
     Department of Education, and Learn and Serve America, we are asking
     developers to take the MLK Technology Challenge."

   Please watch the White House blog for more information from U.S. CTO,
   Aneesh Chopra:  http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog.

   Andy  Stein
   Director IT
   City of Newport News, VA