2010 Jan 15 15:53

Re: [vox] Next Monday's anniversary meeting

Re: [vox] Next Monday's anniversary meeting

See, I knew the republic of Davis had something going for it. It must
be the reason there is a bridge across the causeway!

Should I bring my hookah to the meeting?

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 02:06:02PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> So some random facts about next Monday's anniversary meeting:
>
> * A few flyers have been posted -- sorry I did not post more;
>   if you'd like to post something last-minute, please grab
>   the PDF from http://www.lugod.org/documents/flyers/
>
> * I talked about the meeting on Dr. Andy's Poetry & Tech. Hour
>   on KDVS in Davis this Wednesday, and talked about it on
>   Insight on Capital Public Radio (KXJZ) with Margo S. from LUGOD
>   this morning.  (Podcast coming soon!)
>
> * An anonymous $100 donation has been offered to go towards
>   pizza.  Thank you anonymous; you know who you are.
>
> * Gabriella Engelhard of Vevey Confections has offered to bake
>   a 40-person cake (similar to the one she made last year,
>   which can be seen here: http://lugod.org/photos/2009.01.19/img_1372.jpg )
>   Thank you, Gabriella!
>
> * I visted the Vet. Mem. Center this afternoon and met with Erik,
>   who showed me the Club Room, and how they plan to set it up:
>   Small table in front for projector, some tables in back for food/etc.,
>   and a lot of chairs in the middle.  They'll supply a screen to
>   project on.  The room will be configured by 6:30pm.
>
> * Get to the Club Room, from the entrance (E 14th St.) by:
>   1. enter the building, walk straight through the entry way
>   3. follow walkway, turn left; Club Room is on the right
>   Never fear: THERE WILL BE STAFF THERE to help direct you.
>   I'll also print some signs and hopefully they'll let us post them.
>
> * I am still waiting to figure out how we'll get the cake from Gabriella;
>   I also have not called Village Bakery to put the pizza order in
>   (we had 8 last year, which sounds reasonable; it'll cost $120 after tax);
>   Mike S. and Daphne P. will be in town all day Monday, and I believe
>   told my wife that they can help pick up food (e.g., pizza, cake, etc.)
>
> * We have the room until 9:30pm, which should be plenty of time to
>   wrap up post-meeting.  It's very doubtful we'll head out for
>   food after the meeting, considering we're serving food. :)
>

> If you'd like to help me set up the LUGOD stuff, feel free to arrive as
> early as 6:30pm.  Thanks and I hope to see you on Monday!
>

> --
> -bill!
> Sent from my computer

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other

Professor C. A. R. Hoare
The 1980 Turing award lecture