2010 Jan 14 11:32

Re: [vox] Food & cake for this month's meeting

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 09:30:55PM -0800, G Fitzgerald wrote:
>    1) Large box cake (from store) 18x24 or so <= $30.00
>    2) Pizzas <= $55.00
>    Key: Costco pizzas are $9.99 for 18 inches, the best bang for the buck
>    I've seen anywhere, and they're pretty good, in mu opinion.

I'm not too familiar with Costco pizzas.  I'd honestly rather spend a little more for
food that's (hopefully) of better quality, and keep our money local,
than send them to a 'big box' store (and one that's not even in Davis!)

Are Costco pizzas baked when you buy them?  (I don't think we'll have
access to a kitchen, so take-n-bake is out.)  Keep in mind that it'd be
20-30 minutes of travel time from Costco in Woodland, and I certainly
don't have any insulated pizza-holders like pizza delivery folks have. ;)

Now, my wife Melissa suggested that she could grab a Costco cake, the
next time she's at Costco (probably tomorrow, perhaps she meant
Monday?)

I wonder if we could talk local places into giving us a discount for listing
them as a sponsor of the event...  I'll call around.