2010 Jan 11 18:41

Re: [vox] Bringing back mini-talks

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 01:04:30PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Soooo... who wants to give a short presentation at one of
> our upcoming meetings?  It doesn't have to be at all
> related to the main talk topic (see the example above),
> and only needs to be 5-15 minutes long, with or without
> slides.

I just created an email notifier with an arduino. I have both Perl and
Python scripts that stores the status of my incoming mail spool and
then kicks off fetchmail every ten minutes. One or more new emails
sends signal string via USB and sets off different blinky light
patterns. I am just now using the Flickr API to add signals for user
comments and I'll probably do the same for facebook and twitter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/refractionless/4266854726/

Unfortunately, I will be in Southern California for the anniversary
meeting, but I could give a mini-talk  after that.