2010 Jan 11 14:37

[vox] Bringing back mini-talks

In the past, LUGOD held "mini-presentations", along with
our regular presentations.  Typically presented by club
members, these were very short talks held right before
the main presenter.

For example, back in August 2001, our guest presenter
did a full-length talk on Linux-controlled robots used
in a library, and Pete Salzman from LUGOD did a short
mini-presentation on using elipses ('...') in C functions.

Considering the following:

* LUGOD is booked up for the next 11 months (with at least
  two more speakers I'm talking to)

* Mini-presentations are a great way for LUGOD members to
  share their knowledge, without committing to a full-length
  talk

* Some of us fondly remember these talks

...I'd really like to reintroduce them.  (They've been on
the meeting agendas forever, but I haven't been proactive
in finding people to volunteer.)

Soooo... who wants to give a short presentation at one of
our upcoming meetings?  It doesn't have to be at all
related to the main talk topic (see the example above),
and only needs to be 5-15 minutes long, with or without
slides.

You can talk about some interesting project you've
created, one that you use, some interesting trick or
hack, or pretty much anything that you think LUGOD
members would be interesting in learning about.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my computer