January 6: Social gathering

[vox] Ubuntu-ready Dell desktops

Since we're occassionally chatting about systems shipping with Linux...
Seen on LinuxDevices.com:

  Ubuntu-ready Dell desktop looks like a nettop
  By Eric Brown
  2009-12-10

  Dell announced new Ubuntu Linux-ready OptiPlex desktops, including a
  power-efficient model claimed to be the "world's smallest
  fully-functional commercial desktop." In addition to the 9.4 x 2.6 x
  9.3-inch, Intel Core 2 Duo-ready OptiPlex 780 USFF desktop, Dell
  announced a 13-inch Vostro V13 laptop that also offers Ubuntu.

  We don't typically cover PC desktops larger than a netbook or nettop,
  but not only is a Linux-ready PC fairly newsworthy, even for Ubuntu
  supporter Dell, but the compact, power-efficient OptiPlex 780 USFF
  model points to the narrowing gap between PCs and embedded devices. In
  fact, the USFF offers a nettop size, but with desktop features such as
  an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Dell-Optiplex-780-USFF-and-Vostro-V13/

Sent from my computer