[vox] [fwd] SVLUG Dec. 2nd meeting (tomorrow): "SCST,a SCSI Target Framework?for Linux" [Mtn View]

FYI, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group meets tomorrow in Mtn View:

----- Forwarded message from Rick Moen -----

Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:08:38 -0800
From: Rick Moen
Subject: [svlug-announce] SVLUG Dec. 2nd meeting (tomorrow): "SCST,
	a SCSI Target Framework	for Linux"

WHEN:

  Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009 (tomorrow)
  7pm-9pm

** In addition to our regular monthly presentation, this month's gathering
   will feature SVLUG's bi-annual election for President and VP. ***

MAIN PRESENTATION (this talk being rescheduled from November)

  TOPIC:
    SCST, a SCSI Target Framework for Linux

  PRESENTED BY:
    Richard Sharpe

  TOPIC SUMMARY:
      There are two main SCSI Target Frameworks available in Linux: SCST
      and STGT.  STGT performs the majority of its functions in userland,
      and has limited target-mode driver support. SCST, on the other hand,
      has very extensive in-kernel support, and has target mode driver
      support for FiberChannel, SAS, iSCSI, Infiniband, and so forth.

      Richard Sharpe will present information on how to build and
      install SCST, as well as how to code device handlers and
      target-mode drivers using SCSI LLDs like scst_local, the Marvell
      SAS target driver.  He will also talk about implementing a virtual
      tape library using SCST.

  ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
      Richard Sharpe (http://www.richardsharpe.com/) is a member of the
      Samba Team, and has written a number of dissectors for
      Wireshark/Ethereal.  He is currently a Senior Software Engineer
      at Data Robotics, where he writes Linux device drivers.  He also
      supports scst_local.

LOCATION:

  Symantec
  VCAFE Facility
  350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
  Mountain View, CA 94043

    http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.php

  webmaster at svlug.org

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

  restaurant/diner after the meeting.  We'll announce the restaurant
  selection at the meeting.

We look forward to seeing you there!

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer