2009 Nov 24 09:55

Re: [vox] kde3 -> xfce (was: is the Linux desktop OS dead?)

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:02:59PM -0500, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> I like the 2-paned (Windows-explorer-esque, I guess) file managers.  i.e.,
> folders on the left, contents on the right.  I didn't think Dolphin was
> able to do that.  (Or if it can, it's not very obvious how.)

Ah, I don't usually use file managers that way, I guess.

I just hit the "Columns" mode, and it seems to be based on the Mac OS X way
of doing it.  (i.e., leftmost folder is "Home", for example... then
I double-click a folder in my home directory, and the next column appears
with its files and folders; "Home" still remains at the left... and so on.)

Not exactly the same, but seems more useful to retain context. ;)

Sent from my computer