2009 Nov 20 14:12

Re: [vox] LUGOD meeting attendance and new-user signups

Re: [vox] LUGOD meeting attendance and new-user signups

I don't know whether LUGOD, being committed to noncommercial software,
wants to become too "entrepreneurial" in terms of bringing in
"customers." :-)

That said, though, I believe there is a great untapped market among UCD
CS majors.  The vast majority of them have no idea how expertise in
Linux can greatly enhance their job prospects after graduation.  Though
our official machines are Linux boxes, there are a couple of key faculty
who extol the "virtues" of Windows to the students, so most students
do their homework under Windows.

Norm