2009 Nov 06 13:08

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 11/12/2009

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 11/12/2009

PENINSULA LINUX USERS' GROUP (PenLUG) PRESENTS:

   NOTE: To avoid conflicts with holidays, PenLUG meetings in November and
   December shift to the second Thursday of each month. We return to our
   normal Fourth Thursday schedule in January.

   |Date:    |Thursday, November 12, 2009                                 |
   |---------+------------------------------------------------------------|
   |Time:    |6:00 - 8:00 PM                                              |
   |---------+------------------------------------------------------------|
   |         |Bayshore Technology Park                                    |
   |Location:|1300 Island Drive                                           |
   |         |Redwood City, CA 94065                                      |
   |         |Suite 106 - Training Room                                   |
   |---------+------------------------------------------------------------|
   |RSVP:    |Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=195276872246|
   |         |or mail rsvp@penlug.org                                     |

   Agenda:

     * 6:00 PM Free pizza arrives
     * 6:15 PM Free book giveaways or other prizes
     * 6:30 PM Presentation begins
     * 8:00 PM Meeting ends

  yum --enablerepo=olpc-info update

   This presentation will address updates from the OLPC project (hardware,
   software, networks, schools, teachers, children, parents, etc), its
   achievements thus far (what works and what does not) and where it is
   headed in the near future (yes, its still alive). We will also look at how
   various communities (such as PenLUG) can participate in the educational,
   technological and social contexts.

  Sameer Verma

   Profess by day, tinker by night. Dr. Sameer Verma is an associate
   professor of Information Systems in the college of Business at San
   Francisco State University. His research revolves around the diffusion and
   adoption of innovative technologies. He also teaches a course titled
   "Managing Open Source" at San Francisco State University. In his free
   time, Sameer volunteers with One Laptop Per Child by organizing the
   OLPC-San Francisco Bay Area group.

RSVP

  Although it is not required, we like to have an idea of how many
  people to expect, so if possible please email rsvp@penlug.org if you
  are planning to attend.

GETTING THERE

  For information on getting to the meeting, please see:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1300+Island+Drive,+Redwood+City,+CA
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/DrivingDirectionsQualys
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/TransitDirectionsQualys

  Traffic on 101 can be pretty bad in the evening, so we encourage you
  to check traffic conditions before driving by dialing 5-1-1 on your
  phone or visiting www.511.org, and if possible to take public transit
  (best bet: bicycle via Caltrain) or carpool to this meeting.

MORE INFORMATION

  See www.penlug.org for more information.

This notice is being sent to the following mailing lists:
	members@penlug.org
	announce@penlug.org
	sf-lug@linuxmafia.com
	balug-talk@lists.balug.org
	svlug@lists.svlug.org
	svevents@yahoogroups.com
	vox@lists.lugod.org

  Please reply to suggest any additions or other changes.