2009 Oct 15 17:25

Re: [vox] Next incarnation of XO at OLPC-SF this Saturday...

Re: [vox] Next incarnation of XO at OLPC-SF this Saturday...

That board certainly looks impressive. It's amazing to see how far we
have come since the days of my old 486. Is that new board using a MIPS
processor too? Think, one day, the rest of the world will run MIPS and
here in the good old USA, we'll be the only ones running x86. Maybe I am
thinking about the metric system too much.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 05:52:20PM -0700, Sameer Verma wrote:
> In addition to other planned presentations and activities, we will
> also have a XO 1.5 B2 unit (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_1.5_B2) at
> the meeting this Saturday (Oct 17, 2009). We'll try to have the
> machines open in a side-by-side comparison for those who like to see
> the inner workings.
>
> Meeting details are posted at http://tinyurl.com/olpcsf
>
> cheers,
> Sameer
> --
> Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
> Associate Professor, Information Systems
> Director, Center for Business Solutions
> San Francisco State University
> http://verma.sfsu.edu/
> http://cbs.sfsu.edu/