2009 Oct 05 15:27

Re: [vox] Moblin

What packages does Moblin use?  Debian/Ubuntu or Fedora?

2009/10/3 Michael Cheselka <cheselka@gmail.com>
Hello Brian,

> shared memory? Anyway, I am impressed! I guess that is contrary to what
> you found?

Huh?  I said I liked it.  I recommended it to you.

My main complaint is that these machines are not that different from
desktops, so why strip down Firefox and other programs?!  It's
retarded to think netbook = pda.  It's really an ultra portable
desktop.  The main benefit is that you can use it off-and-on during
the day, wherever you are, instead of going to your desktop because
it's so portable; therefore it's always there with you.  Regular
laptops are really desktops in a different form factor and have lousy
battery life( and hour or two) and weigh so much and are so large that
they are not really portable at all because you wind up leaving them
behind.  The weight and size of a regular laptop are so discouraging I
have stopped carrying  them with me and are only using them on my
couch, home bathroom, and in my bed.

Regards,
Michael Cheselka
650-488-4820