2009 Sep 25 00:02

[vox] LUGOD BTIP virtual presentation - Re: [BerkTIPGlobal] Re:Help HowTo Record VOIP conference

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:37:33 -0700, "Bill Kendrick" <bill@newbreedsoftware.com> said:
> Heh, yeah.  I had myself muted most of the time, since I only had the
> internal mic on my noisy laptop, so I didn't want to drown the VOIP line
> with my noise.
>
> Sadly, John didn't get set up quickly enough to arrive on VOIP by the
> time
> I had gone through the slides I had whipped up for the talk, and the
> attendees were eager to escape the heat of our meeting room.

Thanks for filling in for me, Deputy Bill.  ;)   :)

BTIPers - I was so busy, & so far behind in getting my new to me laptop loaded with proper voip sw that I was only able to use the phone to connect to LUGOD, & bill had known he was too busy to get a phone loudspeaker. ;)  So, I just said a few sentences, & Bill went through the slides of BTIP pages I'd suggested to him, which he'd made in advance.  -  Thanks for doing the slides, too, Bill. :)

Later that evening I did get Ekiga installed on my laptop, & Hike & I did echo tests to the ekiga.net & btip's local server. - We concluded the AirBears connection was conjested, but we got acceptable communication, with some voip dropuouts.

=====
LUGODers - Sorry I wasn't far enough along to get on VOIP to you all!  :(   I thought it was great that Bill could fill in for me.  Since he'd had success installing the VOIP client, & doing a loopback test, & connecting to the BTIP server, I knew he had a pretty good feel for the process & technology, & should be able to give you all some good basic starting info.  :)

I invite you all to join us via voip at our next meeting, Sat Oct 3, from your home, or if interested, get a local Davis group together someplace.  I might have my BTIP flyers made by then, & if so, I'll let you know, & if someone likes they can put some up at UCDavis, to invite students, or anyone, to join too.  :)

=====
Bill, it's on my long todo list to call you directly & get your thoughts about my/our partially successful LUGOD BTIP presentation.  Knowing how busy I am, I _might_ have time to call you in the next _month_! :-S