2009 Sep 22 10:16

Re: [vox] Need help connecting to BerkeleyTIP's VOIP line!

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 02:41:23PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> However, when I try to connect to any of the SIP numbers I tried
> (btip@169.229.15.141, 5012345@ekiga.net), I hear an automated message
> tell me that there are 2 other people on the conference  (even when I'm
> not dialed in via cellphones), but that's it.

Apparently, they're not all tied together.  So the one I'm going
to connect to (and have tested with "bittin_" on #berkeleytip, who is
over in Sweden) is:

  8000@169.229.15.141

I had success with this, even with my Sprint cell modem.  So hopefully
we're good to go, in terms of hearing John talk.

Sadly, I can't figure out how to boost the external mic I've got
plugged in, and my builtin mic IS VERY NOISY! BZzhzhzhzhz!!

So I'm thinking I'll need to do IRC at the same time as John talks.
I'll have the #berkeleytip channel open in a Konversation window at
the bottom of my screen, and slides above it.  When people at the LUGOD
meeting here in Davis have questions, I can type them to the channel.

Whew!