January 6: Social gathering
2009 Sep 11 11:31

Re: [vox] Dell Mini 9 back for just a bit at 240 bucks

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:33:47AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:13:05AM -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
> > I don't know about you guys, but the Dell Mini 9 just plain rocks.
>
> We rock, as well.  Oh wait, that's not what you meant. ;)
>
> I'm curious whether anyone has asked Dell what's with their
> on-again, off-again[*] relationship with the Mini 9.

It doesn't appear that the Mini 9 is selling in huge numbers. It could
be that the SSD is small, but that is a bonus as far as battery life
and speed.  It would be nice if the Mini 9 came with a $20 a month
broadband plan.  A lot of people complain that about keys being in
different places.  And, I don't think that WinXP runs all too fast
and is limited to 1 Gig of ram. Under Ubuntu, you can put 2 Gigs. Or,
if you have an actual WinXP license, you can use that and put in 2 Gigs.

I did use the Mini 9 for editing part of my Master's Project proposal
which has been accepted.

> [*] At least based on your recent chatter about it. "It's back!" "It's gone!"
>     "It's back!"
>
> -bill!
> (who wants his GP2X back ;) )

I need to get that back to you.