2009 Sep 11 00:13

[vox] [fwd] BALUG: Tu 2009-09-15 Christian Einfeldt on: Linux inschools: Help yourself by helping the underdog [San Fran]

----- Forwarded message from Michael Paoli -----

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:32:50 -0700
From: "Michael Paoli"
Subject: [sf-lug] BALUG: Tu 2009-09-15 Christian Einfeldt on: Linux in
	schools: Help yourself by helping the underdog

BALUG: Tu 2009-09-15 Christian Einfeldt on: Linux in schools: Help
yourself by helping the underdog

BALUG: Tu 2009-09-15 Christian Einfeldt on: Linux in schools:
       Help yourself by helping the underdog

Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG)
Tuesday 6:30 P.M. 2009-09-15

Please RSVP if you're planning to come (see further below).

For our 2009-09-15 BALUG meeting, we're excited to present:

Christian Einfeldt on: Linux in schools:
Help yourself by helping the underdog
Schools and Linux should really fit together hand-in-hand.  Schools
need robust, low cost infrastructure, and the Linux community needs
more widespread adoption to avoid marginalization on the desktop.
Schools offer the potential to become channels for distribution and
socialization for Linux.  Christian Einfeldt is a community organizer
who has worked for more than 5 years to bring Linux to two local public
schools, and will draw on this experience to talk about what schools
need to go further with Linux, and how schools can help create greater
mindshare for Linux.

Christian Einfeldt has been using GNU-Linux in his law practice since
late 2000.  Einfeldt is a relatively simple end user who runs whichever
distro is favored by the guru helping him.  Currently, that means
regular old brown Ubuntu (GNOME), but in the past has included openSUSE
(KDE).  Einfeldt is also fond of Xubuntu, as it runs quite well and
installs easily on dead badgers and other odd ball legacy hardware that
he and others are adminning at two local school FOSS projects supported
by Bay Area GNUsters and Penguinistas.  You know who you are.

So, if you'd like to join us please RSVP:

          rsvp@balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help the
Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and they help ensure that we'll be
able to eat upstairs in the private banquet room.

Meeting Details...

          6:30pm
          Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 2009-09-15

          Four Seas Restaurant http://www.fourseasr.com/
          731 Grant Ave.
          San Francisco, CA 94108
          Easy PARKING:
          Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny http://www.sfpsg.com/

Cost: The meetings are always free, but dinner is $13

Feedback on our publicity/announcements (e.g. contacts or lists where we
should get our information out that we're not presently reaching, or
things we should do differently): publicity-feedback@balug.org

http://www.balug.org/

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer