2009 Aug 13 11:47

[vox] [fwd] 'GNU Generation'

GNU Generation: Bringing Pre-University Students into Free Software
Wed., August 12, 2009

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2009/08/gnu-generation-bringing-pre-university.html

  While GNU Generation isn't the next Google Highly Open Participation
  Contest (GHOP), the two efforts have a lot in common. My name is Max
  Shinn and I am going into my junior year of high school. This summer,
  though, I'm interning with the Free Software Foundation (FSF). When I
  was participating in GHOP, I never imagined that I would be using that
  experience to start a similar project. I have been working on GNU
  Generation extensively as part of my internship with the FSF.

  GNU Generation is a growing community for young people (approx. ages
  13-18) interested in contributing to free software.

Sent from my computer